Buying a HomeWhether you need help as a first time buyer, buying a new home or negotiating a mortgage, Brick2Brick Mortgage Solutions can manage all your mortgage needs.
1. Establish your moving costs. Legal fees, lender fees, removals and broker fees – it soon adds up. Work out how much this move will cost now so there’s no nasty surprises down the line. Brick2Brick Mortgage Solutions can help you calculate the costs involved in the house buying process.
2. Find out how much you can borrow. We recommend that you make a free initial appointment with Brick2Brick Mortgage Solutions to see what kind of mortgage you can afford. Often with access to a comprehensive range of mortgages across the market, the mortgage advisers are in a fantastic position to advise you on a range of options. From time to time we have access to exclusive deals. Usually the advisers will then help you to obtain a ‘Decision in Principle’ from a suitable lender, which will give you the confidence to start looking for a property.
3. Start searching for a property. Now you have an idea of what you may be able to afford it’s time to start looking for a house to buy. Estate agents and property portals allow you to register for daily updates of new properties, but it’s worth taking a trip to estate agents’ offices too in order to get some advice. Find out their top tips for up and coming neighbourhoods, and don’t forget to think outside the box –looking further afield at surrounding commuter towns, for instance, could save you money.
4. Arrange a viewing. Once you’ve found a property you’re interested in it’s time to book a viewing.
5. Make an offer. You have been provided with a ‘Decision in Principle’ which means your lender is prepared to consider a mortgage application from you for up to a stated amount. You could have your solicitor at the ready too. It’s time to make an offer. Don’t be perturbed if your first offer isn’t accepted – remember both you and the seller are negotiating for the best price.
6. Sale agreed. When the seller’s estate agent has the details of both parties’ solicitors, they will confirm that the sale is agreed, subject to contract. You will receive a Memorandum of Sale to confirm this.
7. Find a solicitor. ‘Conveyancing’ sounds like boring legal stuff, but it’s everything that needs to happen to make the property officially yours. It can be a confusing process and you need a solicitor to make it happen. Brick2Brick Mortgage Solutions can introduce you to a solicitor and offers a no sale noee conveyancing service with a guaranteed fixed price (this excludes disbursements) to keep everything easy.
8. Complete your mortgage application. Now is the time to get back in touch with Brick2Brick Mortgage Solutions to agree on a suitable mortgage deal for you and complete the application. This is a good time to consider how to protect your mortgage. What if the worst should happen? If you weren’t around to support them financially – due to illness or death – your family could be under pressure to meet your mortgage payments, or the lender could seek to gain possession of the property.
9. Mortgage valuation. In most cases your mortgage lender will arrange this valuation, which merely confirms to them that the property is worth what you are being lent. It will not give details on the condition of the property, and for this you should book a house survey. We have close connections with various professional surveyors that the lenders approve of. Without a survey you may not be aware of costly work that needs to be done.
10. Begin the conveyancing process. Once you’ve had an offer accepted, it’s time to get the ball rolling on all the complicated legal stuff by instructing your solicitor.